Saturday 16 November 2013

Jewish values

Below is an excerpt from an article titled Book excerpt: How New Tigers manager Brad Ausmus' Jewish heritage molded him.

Have Jewish values osmotically or otherwise filtered into Brad’s personality, which are expressed in the way he handles life situations?
“I think certainly some of my mother’s values have. She is Jewish, she was raised in a Jewish household, and those values have been instilled in me. I am able to tell you what my mother’s values are. Treating everyone the same, assuming the best in everyone, assuming everyone is a good person until they prove otherwise, just generally being kind. I see Judaism as my heritage. Not only was my mother born and raised Jewish, but both my grandparents, who were two of my favorite people, were very much practicing Jews.
http://www.freep.com/article/20131117/SPORTS02/311170119/detroit-tigers-brad-ausmus-jewish-heritage

No comments:

Post a Comment